The Schwerdtfeger Library Publications Database includes the series listed below. You may search a series individually by selecting it from the drop down menu. The default is 'all publications.' For all other books, reports, and materials held by the Schwerdtfeger Library, please search MadCat.
AMRC Publications: publications of the Antarctic Meteorology Research Center (AMRC), an observational research center focused on meteorology of the Antarctic.
AOS Publications: theses and dissertations, annual reports, papers of the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences. AOS Publications do circulate.
ASPB Publications: publications of the Advanced Satellite Products Branch (ASPB) which is part of the Cooperative Research Program (CoRP) within the Center for SaTellite Applications and Research (STAR) in NOAA's National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS). The Branch is co-located with the Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW).
CIMSS Publications: journal and gray literature of the Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies.
FTIR Bibliography: The High Spectral Resolution Fourier Transform Infrared Radiation Bibliography: a comprehensive compilation of publications resulting from the study of ground-based and airborne instrumentation, 1965- .
GOES-R Bibliography: publications of the GOES-R Project team at the Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS), UW-Madison.
Lecture Materials: lectures, labs, lab exercises from remote sensing workshops.
McIDAS Bibliography: citations to SSEC research that uses the Man-computer Interactive Data Access System (McIDAS) or to descriptions of McIDAS systems, applications and history.
Meteorological Satellite History: proposals, papers, letters, memos documenting history, major programs and policy decisions of early meteorological satellite programs. Meteorological Satellite History materials do not circulate.
SSEC Publications: internal reports, reports on contracts and grants, annual reports of the Space Science and Engineering Center. SSEC Publications do not circulate.
SSEC/AOS Reprints: refereed and conference papers published by SSEC and AOS faculty and scientific staff. Reprints do not circulate.
TOVS Proceedings: PDFs of papers presented at the International TOVS Study Conferences, 1983-to date.
Suomi Archive: papers and correspondence of Verner Edward Suomi, Father of Satellite Meteorology. Collection includes letters, reports, memoranda, congressional testimony, committee correspondence, notes, awards, photographs, lecture materials, interviews and other publications
VAS Publications: VISSR Atmospheric Sounder Collection: 895 items, 1965-1996, assessment reports, memoranda, letters, minutes, progress reports, instrument specifications, conceptual design review(s), instrument development, instrument calibration, instrument performance, instrument evaluation, research objectives, data processing, system evaluation, system requirements, data. VAS Publications do not circulate.
ZEUS Bibliography: The ZEUS Bibliography is a compilation of publications, both refereed and unrefereed, developed to assist proposal review. Links to full-text articles are provided where the copyright holder has granted permission or where the full-text is freely available. Publications are extracted from The Schwerdtfeger Library Publications Database where ZEUS and other publications series are searchable.
- The author’s name appears in the database as it appears on the
title page of the document. Every author in an article or publication is stored
and can be retrieved. To search for papers by a single author and retrieve all
variants of the name, search as follows:
AUTHOR=Lastname FirstInitial (e.g., Ackerman S)
This search will retrieve: Ackerman, S.; Ackerman, S.A., Ackerman, Steve; Ackerman, Steven A.; Ackerman, Steve A.
- If you are unsure of the spelling of the author’s last name, enter a portion of the name and the results will include your search string plus any variations on that string. You do not need to use a wildcard character.
- Search for more than one author by entering the author’s name in the second field AUTHOR field and selecting the appropriate operator (AND, OR)
- The title field includes titles of articles, titles of chapters within books, titles of papers within conferences, titles of dissertations, titles of reports, etc.
- To search effectively, search for partial titles or keywords within a title. There is no need to connect keywords with the Boolean AND operator – there is an implied AND when stringing words together. You can, however, use the OR and NOT operators.
- Try not to put in words that are common to many titles such as and, or, not.
- To limit a search by date, select a specific date or range of dates using the qualifiers.
- Journal titles are not abbreviated in the database. When searching the journal title field, enter the exact title or a portion of the exact title. All of the following are acceptable:
JOURNAL TITLE=Bulletin of the American
JOURNAL TITLE=American Meteorological
JOURNAL TITLE=Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society
JOURNAL TITLE=Bulletin Meteorological
- Sort search results alphabetically by first author, ascending (by date) or descending (by date)
- Results include links to PDFs where allowed and may be downloaded in Rich Text Format (RTF).